Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Week 2, Day 1 (4th overall)

Going to keep this brief. Last night's C25K run was awesome. It was:

Brisk five-minute warm-up walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

I had no pain at all before the run, got a nice stretch in before and after, and had little trouble finishing the first day of week 2. I am completely sold on the benefits of barefoot running. If I was doing this in shoes, my knees and shins would be killing me right now. Instead, they are completely pain-free.

The only pain I have is a little in the feet, and the bottom of the calves. This is just a bit of soreness, and I have no doubt it will go away. It is just my muscles getting used to the exercise.

The toughest part of the run/walk was the last running segment. It was up a moderately steep hill, and it ignited my calves. It put me almost out of breath. But I finished it, and it felt awesome.

Onward I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment