Friday, June 25, 2010

Week 2, Day 2 (5th overall)

Last night's run was a little bit tougher than the previous one. It was probably the hottest day of the year to date, and difficult to catch a full breath of oxygen. Besides that, I ran a different route than before, and it had a lot of uphill segments. It seemed like it was uphill in both directions, lol. My calves are burning more and more each time I run. I think this is because I am getting my form corrected and striking the ground with the forefoot more than the heel. At times they burn so much that I have to land more flat-footed just to give them a break.

I also had some pain crop up on the outside of my left foot, underneath the ankle. It might be a ligament or a muscle, I'm not sure. It really didn't hurt until the cool-down part of the run, when I really started to noticed it. I'm not sure what it is, but it seems a little better today.

All that being said, I finished the routine as planned. I was definitely going slower toward the end, but like they say, you just have to keep going, without regard to speed. I did. One more day of week 2, two days of rest, and then it's on to week 3. I think I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment