Saturday, July 3, 2010

Week 3, Run 2 (8th overall)

The second run of week three went very smoothly. It was much cooler than it has been, and it was a beautiful, clear, starry night that had that crisp smell of Autumn, even though it was only the first of July. Getting through the run was quite easy.

One thing that still concerns me is the pain I have in my left foot, under the ankle on the outside. It feels like it might be connected to the achilles in some way, but I am not sure. It generally goes away by the next run, but still, it makes me wonder if I am doing something wrong. Maybe I am running more on the left side? Who knows.

I am going to start this core strength training program on the two off days between days 1-2 and 2-3. So it will only be twice per week, which still gives me a two-day rest from both running and strength training to really catch my body up for the new week. I haven't done the program yet, perhaps I'll start in week 4.

That's about all I have for this post. One more run for week 3, tomorrow night. Then, it's time for week 4. That reminds me, I need to make an mp3 for my week 4 runs!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, glad to see things are going well! I've just finished week 2 here and while my legs and feet are holding up, my lungs aerobic capacity is letting me down.

    Think I might follow that link for the core strength workout you kindly put in.

    Keep up the posting, I'm enjoying seeing whats next up for me - although I might repeat week 2 to improve my fitness before tackling a 3 minute run.

    http://www.kontain.com/wegie/#my-updates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, probably a good idea to repeat the week. It's better than trying week 3 and not being able to finish. Let me know when you get your bikilas, I really want a pair of those.

    Good luck on the road!

    ReplyDelete