Saturday, July 10, 2010

Week 4, Run 2 (11th overall)

Ok, this run did not go so well.

First, the core-strength program that I did the night before was MUCH harder than I thought it would be. I could not do the plank lift, and could only barely do the side plank lift. So, I was discouraged about that. Perhaps it will get easier? Hopefully! I have yet to give it a second try.

Then, during the run, the dreaded foot pain became worse, and worse, and worse...

I had taken ibuprofen, wrapped the ankle, and eaten an energy bar just like before, but this time it didn't help. By the time I finished the run, I was limping home very slowly.

I am seeing a doctor on Monday. I am going to skip the final run of week 4, which was scheduled for tonight. I just don't think it is a good idea to keep running through pain. I will find out what the problem is and what I can do about it, and go from there. If I can continue running, I will have a week 4 re-do. Which is fine with me. I really want to finish this program, so I don't want to hurt myself and end up failing.

Damn the injury. All else considered, I am doing very well up to this point in the program. Such bad luck.

The next blog will have an update from the doctor, and hopefully news about a continued bid at the couch-to-5k program.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have to be sensible about this one Coltsfan. No point in being laid up for weeks off the program if you push yourself to far.

    Take it easy, and come back to it when your foot is ready. Perhaps look for some other exercise you can do in the meantime to keep the fitness levels you have worked hard for.

    ReplyDelete