Saturday, July 31, 2010

Week 6, Run 2 (18th overall)


Again, I am a day late with this run. I was going to do it the day before, but it was thunderstorming like crazy. Instead, I did it yesterday. This will push my final week 6 run to tomorrow.

I did a hell of a good job with this one. I went at a faster pace than before and did the first mile in about 10 minutes. Definitely not a world record, but pretty good for a beginner, I think. The best part is that I am having little to no pain during my runs now. This is fantastic. I have dealt with blisters, shin splins, and tendonitis. Now, I am feeling good.

Today, the day after, brings me some aching in my feet, toward the heels and Achilles tendons. This is just the muscles and tendons doing their thing, getting stronger. I am happy that both feet hurt equally today, meaning that I am doing something right. A little ibuprofen knocks the pain right out too.

The next run is a 25-minute continuous run, a step up from the 20-minute run that ended week 5. I don't think I will have a problem with it. Let's hope the rain holds off. It is supposed to be wet this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment