Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Week 6, Run 3 (19th overall)


This run was a 25-minute continuous run and I...

FAILED.

I did the first 12 minutes or so and then just couldn't go on. The problem was that I was going too fast, and I was going a different route that had several long uphill stretches. My calves were just not prepared for that.

I got going again after a little breather but stopped again after another 5 minutes of hill running.

I felt pretty bad about not making it. Then, I decided to look at it differently. I just wasn't ready for this run on this terrain. It's no fault of mine. I have worked hard at this program, and not finishing this run doesn't change that fact. All I have to do is repeat the week, get stronger, and then have another go at it. No disappointment. No sadness. Just re-do the week.

It was a hell of a good workout too. So, regardless of finishing, I did something good for myself.

Tonight I will be doing the week 6, day 1 re-run, providing it doesn't rain too hard. It is looking pretty cloudy right now.

No feeling bad. No shame. Just do it.

1 comment:

  1. Bah, don't sweat it. I know I'm still spending a lot of time on figuring out the best places to run - and usually getting my speed wrong.

    Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete